Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thing # 6

I love playing with the Mashups and mosaics. It took me awhile to figure it out. I had to ask my computer expert hubby for help since he uploads our family photos to Smug Mug. I have to admit without him I would still be sitting here trying to get the mosaic and mashups on my blog site.
I see so many posibilities for these applications in our libraries.I think Bluebonnet trading cards might be a great way to encourage students to read the Bluebonnet books. The lower grade students would love Mockingbird trading cards too.
Creating mosaics of various library activities and putting them on our own library websites for everyone to see would be so innovative and different from the "usual" pictures we put on our sites.. I think I will create a new section on my library website for mosaics and just keep adding throughout the year. I am really looking forward to getting some great pictures during children's Book Week, Book Fair and when Santa comes to visit!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I loved the mosiacs too. I've been using them on our homepage.

Bookmaid said...

Elizabeth, I may call you about trading cards and mosaics. I did not play much with them. I did make a movie poster with Melayna's picture. It is adorable.

Anna said...

I like your BLuebonnet playing cards!