Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thing # 8

RSS and newsreaders now allow my Favorite websites to come to me instead of me going to them. I don't have to waste time gong there if there is nothing new for the day.
I will definiltey use RSS in my personal life as well as in my school life to help me make the most of my online time.
Libraries can use this technology to set up feeds to teachers and students. Teachers have very little extra time, so setting up educational feeds for teachers on a school site could be very helpful. What a great way to keep students involved in the library program by providing them with appropriate feeds on subjects they are intersted in and linking them to sites they may actually not know about. This could be particularly helpful in keeping students and teachers aware of the latest current events they might be interested in.

2 comments:

mmw said...

I love the widgets you have added to your sidebar! What a great use of the Flickr toys!

makingtheworldpretty said...

RSS information was a little over my head and I had to look up several terms as I read though the tutorials. I need to give more time to really understanding RSS.