Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing # 22

ANIMOTO is a blast! I can't stop playing with it. I already see so many uses for it in my personal life as well as for school projects. This is a program teachers and students alike can use without any trouble at all. I have emailed some teachers a clip I made of their classes in the library. I would like to try and put some of these clips on the library website if possible. This could be used as an application piece in some research projects.I can really see teachers making clips for end of the year class parties and something to show parents on Meet the Teacher Night. I will definitely be coming back to ANIMOTO often!

Today I showed several teachers the clips I made on Animoto last night. They immediately set up their own accounts and began "playing" with clips of their own. I am thinking of doing an informal training session tomorrow for teachers interested in learning how to use Animoto. We actually did some collaborating this afternoon on how we could use Animoto with class projects with students making their own clips.

Today the C-Tech and I demonstrated Animoto videos to the staff. Many people seemed interested and we even discussed ways we could use this with class projects and end of the year slide shows. We were wondering if we could get a school membership so that we could have longer videos. I am really looking forward to seeing what we can come up with to get students actively involved. The C Tech and I are also looking into setting up edublogs for the kids and were wondering if these clips would work on Edublogs as well so that students could readily access them at home and school.

2 comments:

mmw said...

I love how you've added your Animoto video to your sidebar!

CoolLibrarian said...

I admire how you are training your teachers. I hope that I can do that soon, too. I am still getting to know my staff and it is hard to push new ideas.